October 16, 2015

Red pine Lake

Today Eryn Hill and I decided to go on a hike. The fall colors are absolutely gorgeous and we wanted to take full advantage before the snow makes an appearance.  We decided to go up to Salt Lake, and go hike red pine lake. I have been wanting to go on this hike for a while and this was the perfect opportunity because we were both off work. We drove up to Sandy and headed up to sno bird. I absolutely love that drive up the canyon, the mountains are absolutely gorgeous here. The hike took about 2 hours, it was pretty easy at first and then got pretty steep towards the end. Nonetheless the hike was absolutely gorgeous and the view at the end was breathtaking. When we finally made it to the top the lake was everything everyone said it was. It was so serene and peaceful. We found ourself a huge boulder that we climbed on and ate our lunch. There is nothing more peaceful than being out in nature and admiring God's beautiful creations. 

On the way back to the trailhead from the lake we passed three men on their way up. As we passed the guys the first one smiled really big as they passed. I made a comment to my friend Eryn that he had nice teeth. We continued down the path like it was no big deal. As we were walking I heard someone behind us running quickly. I thought that they were trail running so I informed Eryn and we quickly jumped out of their way so that they could quickly pass. To both of our surprise it was the same guy that smiled at me earlier. The guy then looked at me and said," I don't normally do this but...hi are you single?" I replied, I am not sorry, but I am flattered." He said," What is your name? I replied, "Kaitlin and he told me that his name was Jeremy. He then said, "This always happens to me, all the amazing girls are taken. What was your name again? I replied Kaitlin and I asked him his name and then he asked Eryn for her name. He then ran back up the hill to where he was before. 

Long story short I still got it ;) It felt nice to be flattered! We hit rush hour on the way home, however it was fun to be able to talk and joke in the car. Usually when Eryn and I try to catch up and talk to each other we are usually at the gym catching our breath while we talk. This was a lot easier to talk. I got home around 5:30pm and then started playing catch up on one of my netflix shows, as I waited for Shaun to come home from hunting. It was a wonderful day off of work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment