January 19, 2015

Martin Luther King Weekend

This weekend was a wonderful get away from the cauous of school and responsibilities. Shaun and I left Friday after studying and school. We filled up on only $20 for a full tank of gas! I couldn't believe it! I can't remember the last time gas prices were so low. We arrived in St. George at about 6:00pm and enjoyed a lovely dinner which Rachelle provided. We always eat like kings and queens when we go to St. George.


Saturday morning we were able to sleep in and woke up to the smell of french toast! Hmmm....It was so relaxing by simply being in St. George, not having to worry at all about school, homework, or any other tasks that needed to be completed. Shaun and I then packed lunches and headed out to the Indian Reservation. Shaun wanted to teach me how to shoot well with riffle and shot gun shooting. We set up targets at 100 and 200 yards. It was a blast just being with Shaun and being able to talk and laugh. I am so grateful for Shaun and that he is always trying to make me become a better version of myself. He also wants me to try new skills, which I absolutely love! I mentioned to him that I want to become better at shooting and so he took initiative to teach me.


Sunday we went to church with Rocky and Rachelle. Rocky is in the Bishoprick for the Young Single Adults. So we went to a singles ward :) Boy am I glad those days are over. After church Shaun and I went on a little 4-wheel drive up to "Honey Moon Trail." This is the trail that the pioneers that settled in Arizona took in order to get to a temple. They would get engaged in Arizona and then in order to get married in a temple they would travel through Honey Moon Trail. It was a humbling experience to think about all the pioneers had to go through. Not to mention that it was an absolutely stunning view!



Monday Shaun went golfing with his dad. I love how close Shaun and his dad are, and how much they love golfing together. Mean while I decided to get back into reality and did some homework and worked on my resume. I can not believe that it is almost that time to start applying for jobs. This last semester is going to fly! I also signed up for WREB (Nationals Boards) and Local Anesthesia. I can't believe I am going to be a Registered Dental Hygienist. It is coming up so quick, and all of my hard work is finally going to pay off, in a little less than 3 month I might add :) I then cooked a meal for lunch with Rachelle, its as a breaded chicken and broccoli braid. It was delicious! Then we headed home. It's back to the books tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment