June 24, 2015

Idaho State



Last Wednesday my mom, Amie, and I all drove up to Idaho State to take our Dental Hygiene board exam. When we got to Idaho State Amie and I went to orientation. The campus was absolutely beautiful! After orientation Amie, Victor (My patient) my mom and I went out to eat and then we went to go and see the movie "inside out" it was the cutest little video!

After we got back from the movie not long after Shaun and my sweet Father in Law drove all the way up to Idaho State to make sure that Amie's patient arrived. After they dropped Amie's patient up they drove all the way back home. 
              

Wednesday night I didn't sleep at all. I kept having nightmares that I slept in till 9 when my exam was at 8:00am, so I missed my exam in my sleep. Needless to say I did not get any sleep. That morning of the exam 6/25/15 I woke up and Amie, Victor and I all went downstairs to eat the continental breakfast that they had. I could hardly eat my breakfast I was so nervous. Then we headed down to the school clinic at 7:15am. I waited patiently for my turn to go into the clinic. at 8:00am they let us in and I was able to set up my operatory.  I then quickly signed up for the chief examiner and then sent my patient back for check in. This is by far the worst part! You have to wait up to an HOUR to see if your patient was even accepted. At about 45 minutes after I sent my patient back he came back to me with the tray. 

My FIRST submission was accepted! This was INCREDIBLE! Everything else was a piece of cake! I had 2 hours to clean. I got him numb, I cleaned quad 3. So I gave the IA, Long buccal and a Mental injection and started cleaning. The calculus was coming off marvelous. He was a little sensitive in the anterior region so I just gave some more anesthesia there. I got done like 15 minutes early. I made sure he swished with a cold water bottle and I even had time to do the fluoride tray. I then sent him for check out! I cleaned up my operatory and set up for the afternoon board exam. Then I went to the waiting room where Amie and her patient were waiting. About 45 minutes after I had sent him back he came back to me with his instruments. The assistant then placed the envelope with my candidate number AB15 on it. I grabbed the envelope and then Amie said, " I know that you already passed! I can see the YELLOW paper." I then turned the other way and opened the envelope and inside was my GOLDEN TICKET! I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!! I immediately hugged my patient! I wanted to scream but I couldn't because they told us to be quiet or they were going to make us go outside. 
I then called my husband and told him the news! I went outside after telling my mom that I passed. She was outside waiting for me with a bag of treats! It was so nice of her! I had to take the classic pose with my yellow/golden ticket! I couldn't have done with out my Heavenly Father. He has helped me through this and I am so grateful for him and all of his help. This gospel is SO True and Prayer works!! 
             

No comments:

Post a Comment