May 24, 2015

California Trip


My little brother Garrett is getting ready to go on a LDS mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Boston Massachusetts. Our Family decided that we would all go on a last family vacation before Garrett left on his mission. We found a cruise that left out of California to go on. Kyle, Shaun and I flew down to Long Beach California on Saturday mid-day. When we picked up our luggage we then walked out to meet the rest of my family (Minus Chelsea and Todd who had to stay home). Then we headed straight to eat at a Chinese Hole in the Wall restaurant. It was super yummy and authentic. Then we went to the Chinese Theater and downtown. There were so many sights to see, We had fun finding our favorite actors and actresses stars on the ground along with handprints. 

We went to the largest candy store in the United States.  I was a little disappointed that they didn't have Mexican Candy :) None the less it was pretty impressive. We got to watch how they made hard candy, which was a pretty neat experience, they even gave us samples. We then walked around and there were tons of characters asking us to take pictures with them. Next thing I knew I was holding a HUGE python. I have to say I was a little afraid, but at least it was not looking at me straight in the eye. After spending about 2 hours downtown we then headed to our hotel that was about 5 miles away from the port where we were to go the next morning. 

It was pretty funny because we all went in 3 different groups. My mom was afraid that they would kick us out if they saw how many people were in one room. My mom booked the hotel a little last minute so all 7 of us had to share one room. It was nice and cozy. Shaun, Courtney, Alyssa and I all shared one bed. That was pretty funny! That night we all went swimming for a couple of hours and then went straight to bed, excited for what tomorrow would bring! 

Shaun and Kyle sent a picture to Todd. 
(Best Brother in Law award)
My dad always trying to give people kisses. Especially Courtney because he knows that it gets on her nerves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment